Event is FINISHED
Parenting With Compassion (evening workshop)
Many parents struggle to find a way of parenting that is neither permissive nor coercive. With Compassionate Communication skills you can parent in a way that inspires harmony and connection, power with, rather than power over.
In this 3 hour workshop, you can learn new ways of understanding children and teen’s behavior, and new ways of responding, allowing mutual trust, respect and co-operation to develop and relationships to flourish. You’ll also learn skills for self-care, helping you to parent at your best.
In the workshop we focus first on you, then on your child.
• Consider and determine your parenting intention.
• Discover how Compassionate Communication can support you to confidently parent according to your own values.
• Experience empathy and how to support yourself with compassion; doing this supports healthy parenting as well as modelling healthy respect and self-care to your children.
• Reflect on the role of punishment and how to discipline effectively and compassionately.
• Explore what is behind behaviours you find challenging in your children - from babyhood to teens’ (tantrums, hitting, contribution around home, disagreements, dishonesty – anything!)
• Practise viewing situations from your child's perspective, stimulating compassion and understanding regardless of their behavior.
• Through role plays and discussion, learn to understand and respond effectively while holding your child with compassion.
ABOUT PAULETTE BRAY-NARAI
Paulette is a parent, partner, and CNVC Internationally Certified NVC Trainer with a background in Psychology and Education. Since embracing Compassionate Communication (“CC”) in 2002, Paulette has trained extensively including 2 intensive trainings with Dr Marshall Rosenberg, the founder of Nonviolent Communication (“NVC”).
Paulette runs regular workshops and her experiences sharing CC span education settings for staff, students and parents, trainings for health professionals, families and couples. Paulette’s facilitation style is stimulating & supportive and activities are experiential and relevant.
To learn more about Paulette, visit her website, ExpressPeace Cultivating Compassion or her Facebook page Byron Bay Compassionate Communication - NVC.
To learn more about Nonviolent Communication, the revolutionary work of Dr Marshall Rosenberg, visit Center for Nonviolent Communication CNVC.
This workshop will be held on Thursday, 8 June 2017, from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM, at Trehaus, (442 Orchard Road, #03-01 Claymore Connect, Singapore 238879).
The price is $75 per person and $140 per couple (Singapore Dollars).
Due to the nature of this session, we are unable to accommodate children inside the workshop.
Please note that we will be hosting the exact same workshop earlier in the afternoon (for those who don't need to be in the office during the day!) More details here.
HOW TO REGISTER
To secure your spot, please RSVP on Facebook and purchase your tickets here.
Add to Calendar
Thu Jun 8, 2017
6:30 PM - 9:30 PM SGT
6:30 PM - 9:30 PM SGT
Standard SOLD OUT $75.00 Couple SOLD OUT $140.00
- Venue Address
- #03-01, 442 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238879 Singapore
Chapter Zero Singapore628 Followers
Want to find more groups and events like this?